[esd-l] Need To Build Reports Of all Mail in mbox

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Tue Jan 17 10:25:51 PST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Vadim Pushkin wrote:

> First, I'd like to thank Mr. Hardin for his work on this project
> and especially for ressurecting it.

You're welcome, but I would like to note that I resurrected the
mailing lists - the sanitizer itself has never gone away.

> What I am hoping to achieve is to print out a report, one per user/email
> address, that would be sent showing the user who sent an email, when and
> what the subject was (it was already tagged as spam).  If the user sees
> something that could possibly be ham, then that user would send me the
> report with a flag, or just an email stating that message #XXX from todays
> report is NOT spam, allowing me the opportunity to retrain spamass/bayes,
> then send this message back to the user.
>
> Does anyone have a similiar setup that they would like to share?  I ca't be
> the only one with this problem :-)

The way I have it set up is that each user has a spamassassin-inbox
folder, where middle-scoring messages (spam score 5 - 10) get
delivered. High-scoring messages (score > 10) are immediately
discarded, low-scoring messages (score < 5) go to their inbox.

Each user also has spamassassin-spam and spamassassin-ham mail
folders, from which sa-learn is updated automatically every night.

Every user has the responsibility of reviewing their own
spamassassin-inbox and moving the messages either to their
spamassassin-spam folder for training if it is indeed spam, or placing
a copy of false positives in the spamassassin-ham folder for training
and their own inbox for real use.

Any spams that get through to their inbox, they have the
responsibility of putting into their spamassassin-spam folder for
training.

Trust me, you do *not* want to be a manual part of the process.

I have a cron script for this if it would help.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79