[Esd-l] Stripped Message Delivery

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Fri May 7 05:51:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004 tomasz at nhh.net.au wrote:

> First of all I'd like to say how happy the IT department here is
> at the sanitizer and its great ability to stop users clicking on
> bad attachments!

Thanks! I'm glad I could help.

> Now, here is my next hope for the sanitizer:
>
> We are getting so many stripped messages that we are from now on
> always happy to assume that if an email has a stripped attachment,
> it should never make it to the users mailbox. Is there a way I can
> modify the behaviour of the filter to incorporate this?

Well, yes, in addition to the "strip" action there is a "quarantine"
action. Instead of stripping the attachments, why not quarantine the
messages instead?

Granted, someone will have to periodically review the quarantine and
clean it out. If you don't want to do this, you can quarantine
straight to /dev/null.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79