[Esd-l] Need help with new install

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Tue Sep 23 09:10:50 PDT 2003

At 11:08 AM Tuesday, 9/23/2003, Joe Steele wrote -=>
>On Tuesday, September 23, 2003 9:58 AM, Ed Kasky wrote:
> >
> > It seems to be picking up the LOGFILE variable as the procmail
> > executable.  I changed the log variable setting in /etc/procmailrc and
> > the error message reflected the change...
> >
>I would check the permissions for all directories in the path
>leading to /var/log/procmail/procmail to assure that normal
>users have access to the file.  (A normal user should be able
>to successfully execute 'echo test >> /var/log/procmail/procmail').

I couldn't write to the log file until I added g+x,o+x to /var/log/procmail...

So with those 2 added, it works fine.  I tested it with the same email
and it performed as advertised ;-)

This is a side note and off topic - but - what do I do to ensure that all
files created in /var/log/procmail are root.root rw--w--w-?

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
A professional is someone who can do his best work when
he doesn't feel like it.    -Alistair Cooke