[Esd-l] Varying Content in Procmail Log File - Bit OT

Mike McCandless michael at prismbiz.com
Tue Nov 26 19:51:01 PST 2002

I am running Procmail (3.22-5) and the email sanitizer on RH7.2.  My
postfix mailbox_command is /usr/bin/procmail and I have an
/etc/procmailrc file setup which looks like the following.

PATH="/usr/bin:$PATH:/usr/local/bin"
SHELL=/bin/sh

STRIPPED_EXECUTABLES=/etc/procmail/stripped-specs
SECRET="HlgMmg34$&DaG+ACg"
DISABLE_MACRO_CHECK=YES
SECURITY_STRIP_MSTNEF=YES
DEFANG_WEBBUGS=YES
SECURITY_NONOTIFY_LONGSUBJECT=YES
SECURITY_POISON_WINEXE=YES

MANGLE_EXTENSIONS="exe|com|cmd|bat|pif|sc[rt]|lnk|dll|ocx|vb[se]?|hta|p[
lm]|sh[bs]|hlp|chm|eml|ws[cfh]|ad[ep]|jse?|ms[ip]|reg|asd|cil|pps|as[xf]
|wm[szd]|inf|js|nws|vb|mid|midi"

DROPPRIVS=yes
LOGFILE=$HOME/Procmail/log

INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail

STRIPPED_EXECUTABLES=
SECRET=
DISABLE_MACRO_CHECK=
DEFANG_WEBBUGS=
SECURITY_NONOTIFY_LONGSUBJECT=
MANGLE_EXTENTIONS=
SECURITY_POISON_WINEXE=

:0 fw
* < 256000
| /usr/bin/spamassassin -a

+++++++++++++++++++
The Problem
+++++++++++++++++++
I get output in my Procmail log file similar to the following (it is
working fine):

Sanitizing MIME attachment headers in "test" from <hgieser at yahoo.com> to
<michael at prismbiz.com>
msgid=<20021127031246.67849.qmail at web41015.mail.yahoo.com>
>From hgieser at yahoo.com  Tue Nov 26 22:12:50 2002
 Subject: test
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/michael

I am in the midst of moving postfix/procmail/email sanitizer to another
server (RH8.0) and on that one, while I am using the same
mailbox_command and the same /etc/procmailrc, the output I am getting in
my Procmail log file is:

 Folder: /var/spool/mail/michael
1
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/michael
1
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/michael
1
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/michael
1
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/michael
1

I am hoping that someone more experienced than I can tell me why I seem
to be getting limited output in my procmail log file. This box is
running procmail 3.22-7.

Mike McCandless
michael at prismbiz.com