[Esd-l] Binary file problems in sanitizer

Thomas Nyman thomas at teg.pp.se
Thu Nov 28 00:03:01 PST 2002

Hi

I'm running SuSE 8.0, with the Hardin sanitizer and spamassassin. Sanitizer
runs before spamassassin.

I have the following problem. If I send a word document from my office to
my home adress - with the sanitizer off - I have no problems opening the
file. If I run sanitizer it defangs the word document as it should, however
it seems that the sanitizer not only defangs, i.e make a name change on the
document, but it also seems to change the mime type from binary to text
with the result that I cant open the word document even after I change the
"defanged-name". Can anyone explain why this is and if I can do something
about it? I simply want sanitizer to defang the document so you have to
make a filename change before opening it, but I dont want to corrupt the
file, which seems to be the case now. By the way, I'm using Mulberry on the
receiving end.

Thomas