[Esd-l] $TO...

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Fri Mar 1 21:32:01 PST 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Eric Brosius wrote:

> Were setting up a new mail server, so I upgraded to the newest version
> of Johns sanitizer.  I got everything working ok, but I just want to
> make a cosmetic change.  For the message SECURITY_NOTIFY_SENDER the
> sanitizer adds regarding your message to then the user name, message
> ID, and then host.  How can I change that so its just
> username at host.com?

Unfortunately procmail doesn't get called with the envelope address.
The username that procmail is running as is about the best you can do
(I'd love to be contradicted here...)

If you're only a single domain then you might be able to add something
like TO="$TO@`hostname -d`"

> I took the message ID out.  So now its just
> Regarding your last message to <username>.  The message ID is too much
> for most of my users to understand.  I did it in an older version of the
> sanitizer, but I cant see where the message ID is getting added in the
> new version.  Thanks.

The message ID should no longer appear in the NOTIFY_SENDER message.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org                       pgpk -a jhardin at wolfenet.com
  768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76
 1024: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
  In 1998 more than three times as many people in the US were killed
  by incompetent physicians than were killed by handguns, yet the
  President of the A.M.A. is adopting "gun safety" as his platform.