[Esa-l]Sanitizer as an antispam tool

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Fri Jun 22 10:05:11 PDT 2001

At 09:27 AM 6/22/2001, John D. Hardin wrote:

>I've been seeing this sort of thing in my notifications lately:
>
>Trapped excessively long header:

>The messages have been 100% spam. It seems the spam-tools vendors are
>up to their usual quality control standards... :)

John:

I've actually been seeing it a lot in messages that AREN'T spam. I
am not sure, but it appears that a recent release of Eudora had
a tendency to pile lots of addresses that belonged in the "To:"
header into the "Date:" header. There may also be worms attempting
to cause a buffer overflow via the headers.

--Brett