[esd-l] RE: Inline attachments.

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Tue Jan 31 16:00:58 PST 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> On Tue, January 31, 2006 12:49, Smart, Dan wrote:
>
> > So something upstream is mangling the attachments?
>
> My primary suspect would be the originator.  A lot of Windows software
> plays games to hide file extensions these days, and that often results in
> a lost file extension.  It could also be on a system that uses the "Magic
> Number" bits at the beginning of the file, or as you suggested, a Mac
> multipart file with no extension.

For some reason the voices in my head are whispering "Eudora". Dan, is
it possible that your C*O's correspondent is using that mail client?

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
  The first time I saw a bagpipe, I thought the player was torturing
  an octopus. I was amazed they could scream so loudly.
                                        -- cat_herder_5263 on Y! SCOX