MANGLE_EXTENSIONS list

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Wed Jan 11 12:54:08 PST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Michael Masse wrote:

> Is it possible to have the MANGLE_EXTENSIONS list come from a separate
> text file?     If not, I'd like to request this for a future version.
>  Upgrading is essentially painless except for when I forget to modify
> the mangle extensions list to our own liking, and attachments I prefer
> to have other software deal with start getting mangled all of a sudden.
>  If it was in a file this would not even be an issue.

The proper way to override $MANGLE_EXTENSIONS is to set it in your
/etc/procmailrc or your personal .procmailrc file before calling the
sanitizer. The sanitizer won't set $MANGLE_EXTENSIONS if it is already
in the environment.

You should *never* have to edit the sanitizer file itself to
customize its behavior to your needs.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79