[Esd-l] .md file

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Fri Mar 5 17:00:19 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Jeff Bettes wrote:

> attachment was pd75000001409.md
>
> whats a ".md"  file

Huh. I've never seen an executable with that extension before.

  http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=md

"MDCD Compressed Archive File"? Anybody know what that is? Is this
something WinZip groks?

(thought: should the sanitizer now start scanning .tgz and recognize
.gz files too? WinZip groks them, so they might conceivably be an
attack vector soon...)

The text below looks like one of the current Social Engineering
attacks.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org                        pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79