[Esd-l] html-trap procmail

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Sat Apr 3 19:40:23 PST 2004

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, RP wrote:

> When I turn on the html-trap procmail no mail goes through. I
> don't know where this log is supposed to start and stop so if it
> looks like the log is in the middle sorry.
>
> Thanks
> RP45
>
> Here's error
> procmail: Skipped "
> "
> procmail: Skipped "
> "

Errors like that indicate the script has been corrupted. How did you
download and install the script? Did you edit the script? If so, what
editor did you use? It may have done something "helpful" like wrapping
long lines.

You may want to download it again to see if that corrects the problem.

You should also only run it on one user's mailbox (from their
.procmailrc in their home directory) until you get it configured the
way you want; then you can use /etc/procmailrc to enable it for all
users.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
  Failure to plan ahead on someone else's part does not constitute an
  emergency on my part.
                                  - David W. Barts in a.s.r
                                    <davidb at ce.washington.edu>