[Esd-l] macro scanning...

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Fri Oct 31 12:51:19 PST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Simon Matthews wrote:

> One thing to consider: the scanner seems to detect deleted macros.
> Or at least macros in files that have been "cleaned" by commercial
> anti-virus tools.

>From what I've seen, A/V "cleaning" consists of mangling the macro to
the point it won't run. This may or may not affect whether the
sanitizer's scanner can detect it.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org                        pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
  "...people who like assault weapons they should join the United
  States Army, we have them."
                              -- Gen. Wesley Clark, candidate, on CNN

  "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA -
  ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't
  serve the State."
                              -- Heinrich Himmler