[Esd-l] Two Sanitizer questions

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Fri Nov 21 06:07:43 PST 2003

Replied again for the list...

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, John Oliver wrote:

> 1) Is there a way to make the Sanitizer catch and nuke mail in any
> non-English character sets?

That's a basic procmail task. Check the procmail list archives,
there's probably already a solution there.

> 2) To get Sanitizer working on a host that just relays mail to
> other hosts...
> http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-on-gateway.txt has a
> sample filter.rc Is that used instead of, or with, or as part of
> the procmailrc sample?  What local configuration do I NEED
> (emphasis in the sample) to include?

filter.rc is the equivalent of procmailrc for relayed messages. They
are separate, so you need to put your config into into both. You'd put
your variable configs and such into filter.rc, and end up with the
rule that re-sends the sanitized message.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org                        pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
 "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral
  equivalent of burning down the library of Alexandria to ensure the
  livelihood of monastic scribes."
                                    -- John Ippolito of the Guggenheim