[Esd-l] Revised SoBig-F local rule

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Thu Aug 21 09:58:51 PDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Peter Warasin wrote:

> attention. i think this new rule is not correct.
> as you see in
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@mm.html
> the new variant does not have .zip files anymore. the attachements are
> .pif or .scr files.

*blink* {reads it again} Dammit, I did misread the writeup.

This rule is an extension of the previous rule. It should still detect
the old .zip variant. I'll switch the sample local-rules back, since
this is essentially a pointless change.

Thanks. My only excuse is things have been a bit hectic.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org                        pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79