[Esd-l] X-Content-Security ?

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Sat Jan 19 17:58:00 PST 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Paul Thomas wrote:

> This is the work of the Sanitizer. What is going on? I have web
> archiving of emails and the archiving's ability to properly handle
> attachments based on Content-Type is being broken.

...so don't mangle attachments you want to be able to automatically
archive. The behavior of the sanitizer is under your control.

How is your web archiving configured? Do you deliver to another alias
that extracts attachments automatically and files them? You can add a
rule for that address to remove .DOC and other "safe" extensions from
the MANGLE list. There are directions for how to do this on the
Configuring page of the website.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org                       pgpk -a jhardin at wolfenet.com
  768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76
 1024: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
  Monty Python's Star Trek Voyager:
  A successful trans-warp experiment turns Paris and Janeway into
  newts, but they get better.
  ...wait a minute... It's already been done...