[Esd-l] Poison Files

Peter Hanecak hanecak at megaloman.com
Tue Oct 23 00:42:01 PDT 2001

Hello,

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Simon Griffiths wrote:

> Would anyone care to share there poison files as the one I have hasn't been
> updated for a while.  Basically the systems just about to move from a test
> enviroment to production and I'm concerned that I haven't caught and added
> all virii to our poison file.  I'd really just like it to verify our file is
> upto date as well.

so, see attached file. To explain:

*.<something>	- to catch notorious troublemakers
*.[a-z][a-z][a-z0-9].[a-z0-9]+	- to catch double extensions
antivirus.exe, ..., zipped_files.exe	- known trojans & co.

Essentialy *.exe catches all known trojans too but I have them in
'poisoned' in case of disabling *.exe for some reason.

If anyone has suggestions about this 'poisoned' I would like to hear about
it. Thank you.

Sincerely

Peter

  Peter Hanecak <hanecak at megaloman.com>