[Esa-l]Sendmail Distribution Lists

Karl.Dunn at vmic.com Karl.Dunn at vmic.com
Thu Jul 26 07:18:13 PDT 2001

Leonard:

We filter our outgoing mail through John's filter.  That would not do what
you suggest, i.e. keep from expanding the list for a bad post, but it
would quarantine each bad mail that sendmail attempts to send outwards.

We have a setup that made this easy.  John has discussed filtering outging
mail before, in a generic way.  If you want to see how we did it for our
specific setup, I'll be happy to help, but in the interest of our own
(VMIC's) security I'd rather give you specific details "offline", that is
not on this list, but just between us.  It invloves a slightly different
fix to sendmail.cf, but otherwise works just like the incoming case.

If anybody else is interested, I'll be happy to help you also, the same
way.  If there is enough response, maybe we can whip up a fairly generic
setup that would do as an example.

Karl Dunn     (KLD13)
VMIC
12090 South Memorial Parkway