[Esa-l][OT] Attachment blocking

clark shishido clark at ruminary.org
Tue Jul 24 14:19:55 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 01:34:31PM -0700, John D. Hardin wrote:

> >   acl POISONED urlpath_regex \.vbs$ \.com$ \.lnk$
>
> You could then AND this rule with the ACLs for the webmail sites.
>
> Is anybody here also  on the Squid mailing list? Do they already have
> something for this, so that we're not reinventing the wheel?

instead of multiple ACL definitions and statements, with a redirector like squirm you can regex the URL and send them off to a notallowed.html or sorry.html page. It's safer to restart the redirectors than having to restart squid everytime you change the ACL list in squid.conf.

http://www.senet.com.au/squirm

It's not a poison list, just another tool we can use to gently enforce
some security.

--clark