[Esd-l] A little off-topic

Murray Crane mcrane at longbridge.com
Wed Dec 19 03:52:01 PST 2001

Hi all,

I realise that this may not be the right place to ask this, but...

As some of you are no doubt aware, we have a couple of boxes running the sanitizer as relays in front of our (I hate using the phrase) Exchange server.  Fine and dandy, it all works
beautifully, but...

I want to make a local troll account on the relays that I can have spammers ply their warez against (by deliberately poisoning their lists with that accounts email address) that gets
dealt with entirely by the relays using Razor and spamassassin (great anti-spam software BTW.  Look for spamassassin on Freshmeat if you're interested) and doesn't get forwarded
on to the Exchange box.

Apart from coming up with a (no doubt simple) sendmail rewrite recipe that filters out mail addressed to 'troll at all.our.domains' before the sanitizer gets called in sendmail.cf, can
anyone think of a neater way around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Murray Crane
Network Systems Administrator
Longbridge International Plc