[Esd-l] Sanitizing on Outgoing Mail

Robby robby at obsidian.co.za
Thu Dec 6 23:16:00 PST 2001

> The general solution for sanitizing every message passing through the
> server has not yet been successfully addressed that I am aware of -
> anybody care to remind me of something I'm missing? (Note that I'm
> sendmail-centric - other mail server packages may make this trivially
> easy.)

Got it working for myself.

R$* < @ $~w $* $~{filter}. >    $#procmail $@/etc/procmail/virus.filter $:$1 < @ $2 $3 $4.virus >
R$* < @ $~w $* $~{filter} > $#procmail $@/etc/procmail/virus.filter $:$1 < @ $2 $3 $4.virus >
R$* < @ $*.virus $* >    $1 < @$2 > $3

where you've set C{filter}virus

Seems to work for me for other outgoing procmail stuff, I just sent it through the same procmail script that you use for relaying (virus.filter in your example) and it seemed to work fine for me.

For older versions of Sendmail (< 8.11.2) the snytax is slightly different I found, if you cant figure it out I'll post it to, but it isn't that complicated.

--

Robert Mc Donald - Support Consultant
Obsidian Systems - Www.Obsidian.Co.Za

Contact: 011-792-6500