[Esa-l] quarantined email stuck in que?

Paul Thomas paul at cuenet.com
Wed Aug 22 00:06:26 PDT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Glenn Valenta wrote:

> Nope.  I don't think that's it becuase when I added the line
>
> >  mailer-daemon:  root
>
> to my alias file, makemap complained when it was run...
>
> >makemap: /etc/mail/aliases: line 19: key mailer-daemon:: duplicate key

Not sure of all the details here but as far as Linux is concerned,
isn't 'aliases' found at /etc/aliases and updated with the 'newaliases'
command?

I think:
/usr/sbin/makemap btree (or whatever) /etc/domainalias.db < /etc/domainalias
is for indexing your Sendmail's virtual domain table.

--Paul T.

--
"So enjoy yourselves, dabble in sound, paint your pictures, turn
on your mind and gently float downstream..." -- George Martin,