[Esa-l] Outgoing Mail

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Thu Aug 16 15:05:34 PDT 2001

It's not necessarily the weakness of the mail server in handling the
outgoing, it's more a case of small bandwidth.  Not everyone sits on an E1
or ADSL or ISDN, some operations sit on PSTN (POTS to some).  They can
handle the inbound traffic but you only have to have 1 email circulate to
5 internal addresses and then have each of them sent the email to an
average of 5 external emails and you have an immediate 25 fold multipler
effect on your bandwidth.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates