[Esa-l] html-trap.procmail 1.14 query

Jason D. Jordan guru at swami.pcguru.com.au
Tue Jul 25 16:55:32 PDT 2000

Howdy Folks,

Is anyone running html-trap.procmail on a mail gateway rather than just
filtering for themselves?

I have a Linux/Sendmail Box here acting as a Mail Gateway/Relay for around
4000 users, and html-trap.procmail kind of works - but not really!

The name mangling seems to be fine.  Macro scoring seems to be ok. HTML
defanging also seems to work.

The blocking of poisoned attachments doesn't.

It just lets the ball right through.

Using the example of VBS attachments... I have *.vbs in the "poisoned" file
in /etc/procmail and I have vb[es] in my MANGLE_EXTENSIONS.  Yet these
attachments come straight on through.

The only thing I can see that I am doing any differently is that I'm not
just filtering for one mailbox, rather 4000 ( only 50 have a mailbox on this
Linux box - the rest get forwarded straight to an Exchange Server ).

If some different configuration setups are needed for a gateway/relay -
could someone please let me how it's done?

Cheers, Jas