[esd-l] Re: security_notify_recipient on mail relay

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Sun Jan 15 12:49:35 PST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Administrator wrote:

> Is there a chance to make
> SECURITY_NOTIFY_RECIPIENT
> work with the origin recipient on mail relays ?

Just to let everybody know, this has been implemented. It was a lot
easier than I thought it was going to be, as pulling the recipient
address out of the Received: header had already been done some time
back for logging purposes. I just neglected to change the recipient
notify to use that address - D'OH!

Anyway, if your MTA adds "for <recip at your.domain>" to the Received
hared it inserts, then recpient notify in 1.150 will work on a relay
filter.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79