[Esd-l] 1.149pre5 adds RAR scanning

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Sat May 7 06:56:17 PDT 2005

All:

I've finally stirred my stumps and added RAR scanning. There was a
small RAR worm a few months back, but so far it hasn't been used very
widely. I apologize for not being properly proactive and finishing
this a lot sooner.

You need to have unrar installed on your $PATH, it uses the
$ZIPPED_POISONED list and has disable and message-customization flags
like ZIP scanning does.

Feedback solicited. Remember, this is a beta build.

Thanks.

http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/development/html-trap.procmail

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
  False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real
  advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would
  take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown
  in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws
  that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They
  disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit
  crime.
                        -- Cesare Beccaria, quoted by Thomas Jefferson