[Esd-l] Double-zipped virus

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Sep 2 19:36:09 PDT 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 03:22 pm, Simon Matthews wrote:

> I have just received an email that bypassed the scanner, because it
> contains a double-zipped file (I assume). It is an executable (masquerading
> as a screen-saver), inside a zipfile, which is inside another zipfile (or
> the same name).

We realy get into machine control systems here, because what we need is a
distributed system that will detect when a user actually tries to open the
inner zip file at the workstation and fatally electrocute them.

C'mon folks, at some point you don't "protect" them anymore, you log them and
have them fired.