[Esd-l] Recipient notification

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Fri May 7 08:04:56 PDT 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Alvaro Aguilera wrote:

> I have another issue, this time is with the recipient notification.
> With Sanitizer I only want to defang executable files in the messages,
> and also executable files inside zip (or rar, tar, etc.) files. In the
> current version, this last feature seems not to be available, for this
> reason I configured a quarantine, and the notifications.
>
> I don't know why, but when I send a zip file with an exe inside to a
> user. The recipient notification is send to the user "nobody" instead of
> the original recipient.

...are you running the sanitizer on a relay? If the mail gets
forwarded on to another mail server, then procmail doesn't have any
standard, reliable way to determine who the message is addressed to.
Recipient notification only works reliably for local delivery (where
the user's mailbox is on the system where the sanitizer is running).

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79