[Esd-l] [slackware-security] metamail security update (SSA:2004-049-02) (fwd)

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Tue Feb 24 20:05:59 PST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Sergio P. Cesar wrote:

> > I have NOT updated the metamail source packages I host. I hope to do
> > so sometime this week.
>
> Is there any other way to do attachment scanning without the
> metamail package? RH 9 does not have it.

You can doenload the metamail sources from bellcore and compile them
yourself; all you need is the mimencode program. I haven't looked at
the alert in detail yet. If the problem does not affect the mimencode
program then you can grab the older sources that are on the impsec
website and compile those.

Or you can use the current development sanitizer, or wait for it to be
released as stable. It lets you use CPAN modules for most of the
attachment scanning.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin at impsec.org                        pgpk -a jhardin at impsec.org
 key: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79