[Esd-l] recipiant not recieving notification

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 01:35:11 PST 2004

On 11/02/2004, Chris Freeman wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look next. I am
> running out of ideas.
> Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I hack up the html-trap.rc so that it notifies internal users if there
are any problems. What I've done is use one of the qmail environment
variables to provide this email address. You can probably use $SENDER
instead of your email address ($SENDER is the envelope sender
address). I actually use $EXT@$HOST because that works reliably in our
environment.

You may still find it doesnt notify due to the safty catches John has
put in to stop notifications going to potentially spoofed addresses. I
also remove these :) - but I only switch on notification internally so I
know they're not spoofed.

I can post a copy/diff if its helpful.

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams -- http://www.quintic.co.uk
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Road, Cambridge, UK