[Esd-l] Postfix and the sanitizer

Simon Matthews simon at paxonet.com
Sun Nov 9 18:25:16 PST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Sergio P. Cesar wrote:

> Strongly considering jumping ship to Postfix, any hints, howtos, warnings
> out there to make my pain less obvious?

Personally, I like Postfix, but then I don't have much experience with the
alternatives.

Postfix is pretty easy to configure, is very flexible and seems to have
just about everything except *possibly* milters. I say possibly because
Postfix supports "content_filter" which seems to do pretty much the same
thing.

I've seen benchmarks that show Postfix performing better than Sendmail.

There should not be any pain switching to Postfix.

On the other hand, why switch if your present solution is working?