[Esd-l] Html-trap and received mail from yahoo.com

Frank Hahn buckeye+htmltrap at machlink.com
Fri May 17 07:03:01 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 07:19:08AM -0500, Floyd Pierce wrote:

> At 07:02 AM 5/17/2002 -0500, Frank Hahn wrote:
> >I have the following:
> >
> >html-trap.procmail version 1.128
> >procmail version 3.15
> >Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.6
> >
> >I have started using a script called fetchyahoo.pl which I found at
> >http://www.freshmeat.net to grab email from my yahoo.com account.  I
> >believe the email is being run through the sanitizer but for some
> >reason, it is not seeing programs that are included in this email.
>
> That script will be grabbing the mail directly, so it
> will not be going through the sanitizer....

Hi Floyd:

I am using version 1.2 of fetchyahoo.pl and in the .fetchyahoorc file,
I have the following items:

# set use-spool to 0 to disable outputting to a file/filter
use-spool = 1
spool = /usr/local/bin/procmail

# spool-mode must be either append, pipe or overwrite
# use pipe for procmail or other filter and append for a normal spool
spool-mode = pipe

When mail comes in from my yahoo.com account, it also is getting sorted
to my various mail boxes.  There is also a procmail log entry (sorry
for the long lines):

Defanging active HTML content in "So cool a flash,enjoy it" from "tdre" <tdre at alsrn.o> to dfh msgid=<E178Yit-0001qK-00 at hawk.mail.pas.earthlink.net>
Sanitizing MIME attachment headers in "So cool a flash,enjoy it" from
"tdre" <tdre at alsrn.o> to dfh msgid=<E178Yit-0001qK-00 at hawk.mail.pas.earthlink.net>
 Subject: So cool a flash,enjoy it
  Folder: /home/dfh/Mail/spam/spam.20020516144265

so it seems to be going through html-trap, but for some reason, the
*.exe file that was included was not quarantined.

Thanks for the assistance.

--
Frank Hahn

"I'd love to go out with you, but I never go out on days that end in
`Y.'"