[Esd-l] Script file

Steve Sykes ssykes at emirates.net.ae
Sun Jun 30 10:20:01 PDT 2002

This may not be the place to ask this but I thought as it is to do with
mail I might try.  I have been attempting to get this script to work but
I haven't had much luck.
Al I am looking to do is have the link come up, fetchmail and send the
queue and drop the link.  This script sees when the ppp0 is active but I
don't think it waits until the addresses have been sent to fetchmail
can't find the server. Is there a better way to loop until the link is
finished connecting?

Regards,
Steve Sykes

#!/bin/bash

DEVICE=ppp0

# login script
/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS0 57600 connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f
$HOME/.chatscript"

while [ ! -e /var/run/$DEVICE.pid ]; do
	wait
done

echo "Link is UP"

#
#
# When link is up, do mail
if [ -e /var/run/$DEVICE.pid ]; then
	echo "PPP is UP, starting the mail transfer"
	/usr/bin/fetchmail -v -f /home/mailbox/.fetchmailrc
	/usr/sbin/sendmail -q
	echo "Done, Goodbye"
	kill -INT `cat /var/run/$DEVICE.pid`
#
# get rid of a lock file if there.
	if [ ! "$?" = "0" ]; then
		rm -f /var/run/$DEVICE.pid
		echo "ERROR: removed stale pid file"
		exit 1
	fi
# pppd closes.
	echo "PPP link to $DEVICE terminated."
	exit 0
fi
#
# The ppp process is not running for ppp0
echo "ERROR: PPP link is not active on $DEVICE"
exit 1