[Esd-l] Anyone got a procmail signature for Klez?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Apr 27 23:43:01 PDT 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, John D. Hardin wrote:

> > how can the email scanner modify a subject that contained a
> > poisoned or stripped file to say "BAD ATTACHEMENT"
>
> It can't. You'd have to add code. :)
> Anybody feel energetic? I'd say something in procmail after the perl
> finishes that looks for the X-Security headers and edits the subject
> using sed or formail.

:0 f
* ^X-Security
*!^X-Subj-Mangle
* ^Subject:\/.*
	| formail -A "Subject: BAD ATTACHEMENT:$MATCH" \
		-A "X-Subj-Mangle: BAD ATTACHEMENT"

The first test "* ^X-Security" can look for a longer match,
and drop more informative information in the description -- I
insert the mangle only once -- multiple appearances of the
recipe may be scattered through your recipies, adjusted for
the local context of what just happened

... untested, but it should work

--
end