[Esd-l] Need to bypass Sanitizer

Paul Thomas paul at cuenet.com
Fri Apr 19 14:38:01 PDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, John D. Hardin wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Paul Thomas wrote:
>
> > Part of what I don't understand is why Rotoworld.com.htm is
> > being quarantined as opposed to just being mangled.
>
> The recommended poison list is rather paranoid about "double
> extension" filenames.

Is there a real point or purpose to "double extension" filenames? If
not, getting the person who uses them to use single filenames might
be my best option. If there is a legitimate reason for "double
extension"s, I might want to make a separate poisoned list that
doesn't include them for this situation.

Thanks!

--Paul T.

--
Edward P. Tryon: "In answer to the question of why it happened,
I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of