[Esd-l] Sanitizer and qmail

Chris csmith at squiz.net
Sun Sep 9 19:26:01 PDT 2001

Hey,

>Is anyone running the sanitizer with QMAIL?
>Any tips or a HOWTO would be appreciated?

Yep, just did this last week actually :)

>Never messed with QMAIL but heard it is a more secure solution so I decided
>to see how it plays on a test system.

Set up the sanitizer as per normal instructions.

After all that,

To enable qmail support if you are using Maildir's, change the
/var/qmail/rc file :

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
qmail-start '|preline /usr/bin/procmail' ./Maildir/ splogger qmail

If you are not using Maildir's (ie using the normal /var/spool/mail/$NAME
style):

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
qmail-start '|preline /usr/bin/procmail' splogger qmail

Then, in the /etc/procmailrc file, add these 3 lines:

ORGMAIL=
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

BEFORE the

INCLUDE=/etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail

Now, in the /etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail file,
change ALL
$SENDMAIL -U
$SENDMAIL

Restart qmail (kill -TERM `pid of qmail-send`; wait for it to disappear;
/var/qmail/rc &)

All done.

HTH

Let me know if any part of it doesn't work and how you fixed it so I can
keep my info up to date :)