[Esa-l]Re: Version 1.129

Floyd Pierce floydp at boxusa.com
Sat May 12 04:55:38 PDT 2001

John, I'm pretty sure he's right about this. It appears that in AIX
the _SC_ARG_MAX is about 24,000 bytes. So, environment + command
line for an exec cannot exceed that number. This limit is applied
to exec() system calls. I believe that there are several other
Boxen that are near that number, so you may be at a threshold
of breaking on a bunch of systems.

The line appears to be about 25 or 26 thousand bytes long not
counting environment.

Any ideas of where we can go from here?

--
Floyd Pierce              | Director of Information Technology
Phone  847-790-2830 (IL)  | Box USA
Phone  817-783-2355 (TX)  | floydp at boxusa.com
Fax    847-790-2880       | floydp at imagin.net