[Esa-l]Re: Version 1.129

Andy Feldt feldt at mail.nhn.ou.edu
Thu May 10 15:04:43 PDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Floyd Pierce wrote:

> It seems that 1.129 sends verbose output to the log file no matter
> what the procmailrc says. Unless of course I screwed it up!
>
> Anyone else have this?

I saw the same thing on my AIX 4.3.3 system (just the recipe for
'Sanitizing MIME attachment headers' failed) and traced it down to
the ksh in AIX not allowing a command line as long as the Perl
script for that recipe.

I fixed it by crudely hacking the procmailrc file to have
an additional environment variable:

 SANITIZE_MIME=/etc/procmail/san-mime

and then I ripped the perl code for that recipe out of html-trap.procmail
and stripped all the shell continuations (the #\ at each line end)
and wrapped it with:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
while (<>) {
... the ripped and stripped code ...
} continue {
  print;
}

and saved it in /etc/procmail/san-mime

Finally, I editted html-trap.procmail and replaced the perl code part
of the recipe so that it read:

  :0 fw
  | ${SANITIZE_MIME} 2>> $LOGFILE

I know that this breaks (even further) the concept of the filter
being "self-contained", but I saw no way around it for AIX.

---
Andy Feldt
Senior System Support Programmer
Adjunct Assistant Professor