[Esa-l] Convincing Users to Patch

Chris Payne cpayne at pr.uoguelph.ca
Wed May 2 16:06:29 PDT 2001

The only functional tool is workplace policies set in place
by your upper management.  Unfortunately, people take
a stance in what they believe and usually will not
budge.

The only thing going for me is that I am physically responsible
for my users' hardware as well as the department servers.
Get time on their system, and do what it takes to patch their
software.

Sorry you are having to deal with the inevitable.

- Chris Payne