[Esd-l] Can't write to spambox

Paul Thomas paul at cuenet.com
Thu Aug 30 13:53:01 PDT 2001

Hello again,

I found a solution to my problem listed below, but
I'm not sure I understand it or maybe I have
something misconfigured.

Turns out, home directories on my system that have
a .forward file like:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #user"

have no trouble with spambox being written to. But home
directories with no .forward produce the spambox error I was
having trouble with.

I am using Sendmail with Procmail as the local delivery agent
and everything else works fine. Using /etc/procmailrc for
global things works great and using .procmailrc in home
directoris works great without a .forward.

Any comments as to why I might need a .forward file for the
bulkmailer-trap.procmail to be able to write to a spambox
are welcomed.

Thanks again!

--Paul