[Esa-l] quarantined email stuck in que?

Brent Wallis brent.w at infosynergy.com.au
Mon Aug 20 23:27:45 PDT 2001

Hi,
I have had the same problem.......is there a valid user for "mailer-daemon"?
If the box in question is a relay, then aliases has probably beeen
broken....which is
why the mail is getting stuck in the queue with nowhere to go. The email
address "mailer-daemon" is usually an alias to root.....or the admin email
address.

If the box is a relay, then you must add a user "mailer-daemon" so that this
mail has somewhere to go.....if you want the mail to go elsewhere then set
up a .forward file in the users home...
(There are probably ways around this by tweeking sendmail.cf for local
delivery....but have yet to work that one out..)
Basically, I have found that mail getting stuck in the queue that is
destined for local delivery is almost always because of this....
Hope it helps or at least give some direction. ;-)
Brent Wallis