[esd-l] vacation forwarding

Scott Taylor scott at dctchambers.com
Mon Aug 28 10:37:57 PDT 2006

On Mon, August 28, 2006 09:47, Jon Niesen wrote:
> We use the user's .procmailrc file only instead of the .forward file. In
our setup, we use procmail to call spamassin. we filter all spam mail to
a separate mailbox, and when a user sets up vacation, we simply add
these two lines to their procmailrc file after the spam has been
filtered:

> :0 wc
> | /usr/bin/vacation [username]

That's great, but wouldn't that still try to process the SPAM through the
vacation program?  I'm not a procmail expert, but I don't see any logic in
your example, telling procmail not to processs the file if it is SPAM.

These are the last two recipes in my .procmailrc files:

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin

:0
*^X-Spam-Flag:.*YES
/tmp/spam

Basically runs spamassassin, then sends the file to a tmp directory if it
is SPAM.  If I simply add your example, it will still process the file
through vacation regardless of if it is SPAM or not.  As far as I can
tell, anyhow.

Thanks.

--
Scott