[Esd-l] Mangle of embedded URLs

Simon Matthews simon at paxonet.com
Fri Jan 7 22:29:38 PST 2005

John,

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, John D. Hardin wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Simon Matthews wrote:
>
>> Isn't there a database of spammer's URLs that is used by
>> SpamAssassin and others? Could the mail scanner use a similar
>> mechanism?
>
> The sanitizer is not an antispam tool. If you want to block spam,
> install SpamAssassin. It does an outstanding job.

I have SA installed. I was just thinking of a way to recognize phishing
malicious URLs -- use the same mechanism (although perhaps not the same
databases).

Simon

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."