[Esd-l] testzip.pl error?

Fred Laxton securitynotice at laxton.net
Tue Feb 24 21:15:33 PST 2004

I just uploaded and installed testzip.pl, and am getting procmail
errors.  This is from my mailbox's procmail.log:

/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: ^M: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: use: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: ^M: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: ^M: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: mktemp: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: my: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: ^M: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: ^M: command not found
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: line 77: syntax error near unexpected token
`chomp($destd)'
/etc/procmail/testzip.pl: line 77: `chomp($destd);^M'
Sanitizing MIME attachment headers in "2nd zip file test" from
<fred at laxton.net> to <fred at laxton.net> msgid=<EEA97A\
D4-674F-11D8-AEE4-00039345367A at laxton.net>
  Fixing unquoted filename "mytest.zip".
procmail: Skipped "SpamAssassin"
procmail: Skipped "!"

I tried doing a wget on the testzip.pl file from the Linux server when I
initially installed it.  I thought that maybe it was created on Windows,
so I copied it from a web browser and pasted it in to a terminal.  Same
errors.  I don't think it is just the line ends that are the problem,
like on line 77 it looks like some other problem.

This is on perl 5.6.1 on Redhat 7.3.  I installed MIME::Explode and made
sure everything else was there as well.

I don't know why it is giving an error on "mktemp" as it is installed:

# which mktemp
/bin/mktemp

/bin is in the path for a normal user and also root.  I don't know what
environment is in place when procmail runs.

I've disabled testzip.pl for now on my email server until I can get it
resolved.

Any ideas?

Fred Laxton

InfoTechDesign.net - Classic Web Design & Hosting
http://infotechdesign.net