[Esd-l] procmail lock failure

Scott Taylor scott at dctchambers.com
Thu Feb 5 08:23:45 PST 2004

At 12:15 AM 02/05/2004, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Mgr_Marcela_Doni=E8ov=E1?= wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I install procmail-sanitizer and in procmail.log i found
>
>procmail lock: Lock failure on "/var/spool/mail/quarantine.lock"
>
>What is wrong ?

Permissions?

That's a guess.  I'm also going to guess that it has nothing to do with the
sanitizer, if you are, in fact, talking about John Hardin's email-sanitizer
v1.139.  The email-sanitizer usually creates messages like: 'Attempt to
quarantine the following message in $SECURITY_QUARANTINE failed.'

I think we'll need to know more about your setup.

What else does procmail do for you?

your procmailrc file or ~/.procmailrc file would be good to see too.