[Esd-l] bounced email

Scott Wiersdorf scott at perlcode.org
Thu Nov 6 15:47:40 PST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:29:23AM +1000, Ian Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is more spam related than virus.
>
> I have an email address that is being used by a spammer as the return
> address of their spam. Therefore any bounce messages get sent to me!
> Does anyone have  a procmail recipe that would seperate bounce messages
> from normal messages.

This is called a "Joe Job". Something like this might work, perhaps:

    :0:
    * ^FROM_DAEMON
    * TO_joejob at yourdomain\.com
    /var/tmp/joejob

If your primary address is being joejobbed, that's really sad (I hope
it's not). Otherwise, it's easier to sort out your legitimate bounces
(which you want to see) from the joejob bounces (which you don't have
to see immediately).

Scott
--
Scott Wiersdorf