[Esd-l] missing F in from line

Michael Masse mrm at medicine.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 24 11:00:32 PST 2003

I've had this happen when the server runs out of memory, which usually
only occurs when there is some sort of email looping problem occuring.

Mike

>>> "Dan Doucette" <ddoucette at redlon-johnson.com> 03/24/03 12:50PM >>>
Hello,

I had something happen last week which seemed to strip the F off of the
from
line on any messages coming in. Users were unable to retrieve mail
because
the mailbox format was invalid, missing F. I reboot then put the F back
in
each users mailbox file and everything was fine. Has anyone had
anything
like this happen? Or is it possibly related to sendmail?

TIA,
Dano