[Esd-l] ms word macro virus block?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Mar 14 04:26:34 PST 2003

--On Thursday, March 13, 2003 6:26 AM -0800 Bob Pietruszka
<bobp at tbcc.cc.or.us> wrote:

> My question is whether there is any way in the sanitizer to block macro
> viruses such as this one?? I am using version 1.126 of the sanitizer with
> Sendmail.

Upgrade? That's a pretty old version. Viruses change quickly, so you need
to keep your counter-measures updated frequently if you want to have any
hope of defending yourself.

Did you update your sendmail after the security advisory a couple of weeks
ago?

What are you using for POP3? Qpopper released an update this week to close
a buffer overrun issue.