[Esd-l] Red Hat 9...

Brad sanitiseruser at capstone.net.au
Sat Jul 19 21:11:48 PDT 2003

Hi again John. Thanks again for your input.

gcc was not installed and so I attempted to install it, only to be met with
dependency requirements. When I tried to install those as well, I had more
denendencies. So I tried to install those and they required even more
dependencies: kernel-headers -  which is not available for Red Hat 9.

Hmm... what is that term? "Dependency Hell"?

So...

I bit the bullet and just installed gcc by itself. I then ran the RPM building
utility and it got some way into it before:

<snip>

metamail.c: At top level:
metamail.c:2381: storage size of `MyTtyStateIn' isn't known
metamail.c:2381: storage size of `MyTtyStateOut' isn't known
make[1]: *** [metamail.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mm2.7/src/metamail'
make: *** [basics] Error 2

I then tried to compile the .gz version and got:

<snip>

metamail.c: At top level:
metamail.c:2381: storage size of `MyTtyStateIn' isn't known
metamail.c:2381: storage size of `MyTtyStateOut' isn't known
make[1]: *** [metamail.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/metamail/SOURCES/mm2.7/src/metamail'
make: *** [basics] Error 2

At least I still have the same error.   :-)

BTW, I am VK4NT. :-)

Regards,
Brad