[Esd-l] Trapped poisoned Microsoft attachments?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Feb 18 01:14:18 PST 2003

--On Friday, February 14, 2003 9:02 PM -0800 "John D. Hardin"
<jhardin at impsec.org> wrote:

> Actually, right now the cause is probably an embedded image or
> external file reference, for which the default score is 99.

Until I was bound to bypass the scanner on all intra-company mail (too many
people using Word to send all-text stuff) I was getting hits from documents
that had the Word macro name "VirusProtection" in it with a max score,
which I think was a viral fragment left after their machine had been
cleaned from a prior infection.