[Esd-l] Trapped poisoned Microsoft attachments?

Henry Kwan sanitizer at designmedia.com
Fri Feb 14 15:23:21 PST 2003

Hi.

I've been using Sanitizer for awhile now but recently I've been getting a
lot of bounces with the following reason:

REPORT: Trapped poisoned Microsoft attachment
REPORT: Macro Scanner score: 99
STATUS: Message quarantined, not delivered to recipient.

These tend to be either Word or PowerPoint files.  What is keying
Sanitizer to bounce some DOC/PPT files but not others?  They all scan
clean with the latest version of Norton.  Can I tweak something so that
Sanitizer isn't as sensitive to DOC/PPT files?  Usually I advise people
to zip the files but some folks don't like/know-how to zip their
attachments.

Am running RH 7.3 with sendmail, SpamAssassin 2.44, and Sanitizer 1.138.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!